Designed to automatically use excess PV power in order to increase solar energy usage, SolarEdge’s Device Control Offering allows users to decrease their electricity bills, improve energy independence, and enjoy automatic on-the-go device control.
ZigBee wireless controller automatically diverts surplus PV energy to provide hot water and highly cost effective energy storage.
Maximize self-consumption by storing excess energy as hot water
Zigbee controlled device which off-loads excess solar production into heating an element driven hot water system. Compatible for elements up to 3.6kW.
- Smart Energy Hot Water adjusts the power supplied to the heater based on available PV power (up to 3kW)
- Seamless integration with all SolarEdge inverters
- Simple wall mount installation
- Wireless communication between the inverter and Smart Energy Hot Water via ZigBee
- Suitable for powering purely resistive loads only
Forum discussing the heater controller: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2730371