In line with current World Health Organisation and government recommendations surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak, Solar Heroes are practicing the following precautions to protect our customers and our staff.
Our Installers will be taking the following coronavirus precautions whilst in customers’ property:
- Keep installers and apprentices into dedicated, small teams for the duration of the pandemic
- Avoid having more than one team on an installation
- Set a roster for start and lunch times to ensure there is no contact between teams during the day
- Maintain a 2m space between individuals wherever possible
- Limit all contact, including car sharing, between staff who are not working together daily.
- Washing hands prior to and on completion of the works and the regular use of hand sanatiser.
- Wearing disposable gloves.
Before going to site
Communicating with customers
The following questions will be asked to all customers:
- Has anyone at the property been diagnosed with COVID-19/Coronavirus?
- Has anyone at the property been in contact with a known case of COVID-19/Coronavirus?
- Has anyone at the property returned from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Has anyone at the property been ordered into isolation by the Department of Health or another relevant agency?
- Is anyone at the property feeling unwell and showing symptoms of COVID-19/Coronavirus?
Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath.
If the customer answers yes to any of these questions, we will re-schedule installation.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Included below are the items of equipment and materials that will accompany our teams to appropriately manage the risks on site:
- Soap and water to wash hands
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Alcohol-based wipes
- Paper towel or enough clean rags to dry hands
- Surgical gloves
- Face masks.
Practice good hygiene
Installers will avoid touching face as much as possible. Wash hands with soap or disinfect using an alcohol-based solution:
- Before attending site
- After using the bathroom
- Before and after eating
- After leaving site
- If hands look visibly dirty.
Use of surgical gloves
When working on parts of the job that may have been touched by unknown persons (i.e. fuse boxes, garage doors, handling documentation or cash), our team will be wearing disposable gloves.
If it is not possible to wear gloves, before and after touching the surface:
- surfaces touched will be cleaned with alcohol base disinfectant wipes
- Hands will be washed or disinfected.
Maintain social distance
When on site, our teams will be practicing the following social distance measures:
- Avoiding physical contact with customers and their pets
- Keeping 2m between staff and staff and customers
- If there is need to sneeze or cough cover nose and mouth with elbow or a tissue and dispose of it immediately
If any installers are feeling unwell, strict instructions are given to stay home and seek medical advice.
All efforts will be made to send all paperwork via email. Where email communication is not possible, our teams will wear gloves when it is necessary to handle phsical paperwork or pens that may be passed onto the customer.
If we collect signatures or any other data using a touch screen, this screen will be wiped with alcohol-based wipes between users.
Once the job is complete the team will wipe all areas that staff or the customer may have touched with alcohol-based wipes,.
Our call handling staff in the office will outline these precautions when appointments are initially booked in. Feel welcome to ask any questions if any of these points are unclear.